Builderstalkgroup.com is operated by Builders’ Talk Group™ LTD otherwise referred to as ‘the owners’, ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘the site’
By registering with Builderstalkgroup.com and by using this site and as a member, you agree to comply with the Terms of Service (ToS) for use of this website. Any breach of the ToS may result in membership cancellation without warning.
- When you register with us you are agreeing that all information given by you is a true and accurate representation. Once registered you agree to use the site for personal use only. We cannot be used to send junk mail, spam, distribute group requests on social media/websites or to promote companies, products or services.
- As a member you are responsible for your comments on threads, blogs, photographs or any other form of communication within the website. Your account details should always be kept secure and you will be responsible for them.
- We will not tolerate any form of harassment, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, racially or sexually discriminatory language or ‘trolling’. Such actions are in direct breach of the conditions for use of the site. The site will co-operate with any authorities as and when required.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to edit, remove, alter or delete material on the site. We also reserve the right to withdraw membership from any member at any time without warning. The site owners word is final.
- Members must not post funding/charity pages to any areas of the site, including comments and threads, without prior written approval from the owners.
- Builders’ Talk Group™ is a trademark of Builders’ Talk Group™ LTD. All material such as layout, graphics, fonts etc associated with the website belong to Builders’ Talk Group™ LTD and the owners expressly reserve the right to enforce any copyright infringement on its intellectual property.
- By submitting content to Builderstalkgroup.com, including your first name, you grant the owners the right to use, reproduce, modify and publish it in other works. You also permit any member to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content for personal use.
- The site will provide advertising, links and information from third party websites and social media sites with permission from said third parties. The owners make no representation as to the quality, accuracy, functionality or legality or the advice, goods or services (or their associated guarantees) offered by these third parties. We will not be held responsible for any claim/dispute arising from agreements between you and a third party.
- We do not accept any liability for errors, advice, support or information given by members/third parties to other members/third parties.
- Builders’ Talk Group™ Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage in any form in the use of the site.
- Members selling items on the classifieds sections do so in good faith. Members should be truthful when providing descriptions and photographs of items to be placed for sale.
- Members must submit only his/her own original images and agrees and confirms that they will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party. All photographs must be of sufficient quality for publishing.
- Any photo’s that contain, or appear to contain illegal conduct will be removed and the appropriate agencies may be notified.
- Sellers will not post inappropriate images, false, inaccurate, misleading descriptions, deceptive or libellous content. Sellers contact details are given at their discretion. Sellers advertise items for sale at their own risk and are liable for all goods posted by them on the classifieds section.
- The site will not be involved in any sales, nor does it provide any protection to buyers/sellers. All transactions must be arranged between third party’s involved. No liability will be held by the site in these transactions.
- The site may, from time to time, appoint ‘administrators’. Their views are their own and may not strictly be that of the owners.
Limitation of Liability
Neither Builders’ Talk Group™ Ltd nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of this site or any information contained in it. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
You agree to indemnify and hold Builders’ Talk Group™ Ltd and its directors, employees and agents harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising from your use of the Site.
You agree to indemnify and hold each of Builders’ Talk Group™ Ltd, its directors, sponsors, representatives, employees and contractors, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable solicitors fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of Builderstalkgroup.com, the violation of these Terms and Conditions by you, or the infringement by you, or any other subscriber of your account, or of any intellectual property or other right of any other person or entity.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Any failure or delay by us to enforce strict performance by you of any of the Terms and Conditions or to exercise any right under the Terms and Conditions will not be construed as a waiver to any extent of our rights.
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us using the details listed below);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained below but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details listed below);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided below and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do We Collect?
- business/company name
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to;
How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to our site;
- Supplying our products and/or services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by email to [email protected]
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience;
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on our products and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for as long as you are a registered user of our site.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in ‘How Do We Use Your Data’, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored within the European Area (“the EEA”) – (the EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein).
Do We Share Your Data?
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf, for example when we run competitions on our site. These may include delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
How Can You Control Your Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 1, when you submit personal data via our site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of our site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at [email protected].
Competition Terms and Conditions
- Applicable to all free prize draws on Builderstalkgroup.com.
- Entries to all free prize draws must be received as stated by the closing date specified.
- Free prize draws are open to all Builderstalkgroup.com registered members in the UK over the age of 18, except anyone connected, in anyway, to Builders’ Talk Group™ Ltd., or the company, agency or individual participating in the draw.
- Builders’ Talk Group™ Ltd. cannot accept responsibility for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties will be disqualified.
- Entries from people using multiple Builderstalkgroup.com accounts will be disqualified.
- The winning entries for each prize draw will be the first entries drawn at random after the closing date.
- Winners’ details will be posted on the original competition post after the draw – name and town/city only.
- No correspondence will be entered into, prizes are as stated, are not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail from Builderstalkgroup.com directly, shortly after the competition closing date where competitions are run through www.builderstalkgroup.com. Competitions through other media sources will notify winners as stipulated on the competition post.
- Please allow 28 working days for delivery of your prize. This should be calculated from the date you were notified by Builderstalkgroup.com that you had won.
- Builderstalkgroup.com reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at any time or withdraw the competition if there are matters outside our control.
- We reserve the right to cancel anything we deem insensitive or contrary to editorial policy.
- Builders’ Talk Group™ Ltd. is compliant with the Data Protection Act and it is our policy that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent. Your details will only be passed on to a third party if you have won a prize and for the sole purpose of prize allocation.
- Competitions are open to members based in the UK.
- All prizes must be claimed within 28 days of the winner being notified. After this time prizes may be offered for further competitions.